Super Stats Help Tell Our Story
As Cape Coral continues to emerge from the recession and the associated foreclosure crises that impacted our community so hard, we can see positive signs everywhere: new construction, expansions, new restaurants and a renewed demand for housing absorbing many of the empty homes which dotted our landscape.
One of the most important is the fact that entities from outside the Cape are seeing us for the market that we are. I've always said that Cape Coral is too big to be ignored, and that's certainly not happening now. Third-party recognition is a great form of free advertising, and we're certainly getting our share. Just this year, we've received the following accolades:
- Cape Coral ranks No. 6 in the U.S. in the best cities for future job growth. (Forbes, Fall 2014)
- Cape Coral is named in the top 10 best cities to start a new business. (WalletHub, March 2014)
- Cape Coral ranks No. 5 on the list of top places in Florida to live after judging 100 cities and towns in Florida on a number of unique criteria such as amenities, quality of life, crime rates, tax rates, unemployment and weather. (Movoto, May 2014)
- Cape Coral ranks as the safest driving city in Florida. (Allstate Insurance America's Best Driver's Report, August 2014)
- Cape Coral recorded the third-highest population growth rate in the decade, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. (CNN Money, May 2013)
This is a very impressive list, to say the least. Of course, we're still recognized as a great place to retire and we're obviously still a hot spot for vacation rentals. But many of these national accolades are related to business growth and that's what we're striving for as we move forward. Better-paying jobs and more investment are on the horizon, and your EDO office is working very hard to make that a reality.
City of Cape Coral
Economic Development Director
Provided by floridacapecoralrealestate
There are still plenty of Florida Vacation Homes in Cape Coral for great rates available compared to other cities in SW Florida.